Amex Introduces New Blue Delta SkyMiles Credit Card With No Annual Fee
American Express and Delta are introducing a new SkyMiles earning credit card with no annual fee, the Blue Delta SkyMiles Credit Card. While earning fewer bonus miles than it’s other premium cards like the Delta Platinum or Reserve Delta SkyMiles cards, the new Blue Delta SkyMiles credit card will offer budget-conscious travelers a decent way to rack up Delta SkyMiles.
Per the media release from Delta, the Blue Delta SkyMiles Credit Card offers:
- No annual fee
- 2 miles per dollar spent at U.S. restaurants
- 2 miles per dollar spent on purchases made directly with Delta
- 1 mile per dollar spent on all other eligible purchases
- 20 percent savings in the form of a statement credit on all eligible in-flight purchases when flying with Delta
- A welcome offer of earning 10,000 bonus miles after spending $500 in purchases on the Card within the first three months of Card Membership for new Delta SkyMiles American Express Card Members
This new card option is available for applications now. American Express already offered a lower annual fee Blue SkyMiles card with an annual fee of $55 USD. However, that card was not available for applications; it was only offered as a downgrade for customers with a Gold, Platinum or Reserve SkyMiles credit card.
Personally, I don’t use my SkyMiles credit card as I’d rather purchase ant Delta flights on my American Express Platinum card with 5x points on airfare. However, I do have my Lyft and Airbnb accounts synced with my SkyMiles account as I do book with Airbnb and Lyft quite often.
What about you? Is the Blue Delta SkyMiles Credit Card a card that interests you? Share your thoughts in the comments below.